We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
On May 31st Governor Cuomo issued the attached press release (see link below) authorizing dental office to resume fill services effective June 1st.
We are pleased to announce we will be resuming patient care for all procedures at this time.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some very important medical screening questions over the phone. You will be asked to call us when you get to the office and we will be sure that you are escorted in. This will allow a minimal amount of people in the waiting area at one time. Here we will verify the screening questions and take your temperature prior to entering the treatment area.
- We will require you to enter the facility with a mask and ask you to use hand sanitizer that we have provided.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Clorox wipes will be available in all of the bathrooms to be used on door knobs and faucets as you see fit. Our staff will be maintaining bathrooms for cleanliness every on a regular basis.
- Medical Grade HEPA Air Filtration units have been placed throughout the office.
- We will allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you.
- Your hygienist will be minimizing the aerosols produced during your dental cleanings by limiting the use of the ultrasonic scaler and the use of high-speed suction will be incorporated into your hygiene visit as it is during your other dental procedures.
- We encourage utilizing our online payment processing system, but also offer Apple Pay and tap to pay features on our credit card terminals.
- New Patient forms are also easily accessed online via our website at www.kalmarfamilydentistry.com/patient-forms/. These forms are sent directly to the office electronically to reduce the transfer of paper.
Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. But as the new normal becomes a habit for us all we will increase availability. We ask for your patience and understanding with us as we try our best to accommodate all of your needs.
We look forward to seeing you again soon and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
To make an appointment, please call our office at 631-673-0670 or visit our website to request an appointment online. Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.